- Near about 1 in 5 people infected with Zika virus become sick (i.e., develop Zika).
- The foremost common symptoms of Zika are fever, rash, joint pain, or redness (red eyes). other common symptoms embody muscle pain and headache. The period of time (the time from exposure to symptoms) for Zika virus disease isn’t noted, however is probably going to be a couple of days to every week.
- The health problem is typically delicate with symptoms lasting for many days to every week.
- Zika virus typically remains within the blood of associate infected person for many days however it are often found longer in some folks.
- Severe malady requiring hospitalization is unusual.
- Deaths square measure rare.
- The symptoms of Zika square measure the same as those of dengue fever and chikungunya, diseases unfold through identical mosquitoes that transmit Zika.
- See your health care provider if you develop the symptoms represented higher than and have visited a region wherever Zika is found.
- If you’ve got recently traveled, tell your health care supplier once and wherever you traveled.
- Your health care supplier could order blood tests to seem for Zika or alternative similar viruses like dengue fever or chikungunya.
- No immunizing agent or medications square measure out there to forestall or treat Zika infections.
- Treat the symptoms:
- Get lots of rest.
- Drink fluids to forestall dehydration.
- Take medication like Datril to alleviate fever and pain.
don’t take analgesic and alternative non-steroidal medicament medicine (NSAIDs), like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. analgesic and NSAIDs ought to be avoided till dengue fever are often dominated bent on scale back the danger of hemorrhage (bleeding). If you’re taking medication for an additional medical condition, visit your health care supplier before taking further medication.
- If you’ve got Zika, stop dipterous insect bites for the primary week of your health problem.
- Throughout the primary week of infection, Zika virus are often found within the blood associated passed from an infected person to a different dipterous insect through dipterous insect bites.
- Associate infected dipterous insect will then unfold the virus to people.
More elaborated info may be found on CDC’s Zika virus website for healthcare providers.